22 Sep 2018, Edition - 1166, Saturday
- Prasad said that the Congress has forgotten Bofors, 2G, and 3G and now he has the audacity of questioning the PM
- Former Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s lawyer did not oppose custody
- ‘Now this fertilizer plant will be symbolic of our success’, says PM Modi
- PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
- 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
- India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
- CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
- Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
- Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
- Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir
Minor fire in toy train engine; two drivers suffer burns
Covai Post Network
December 9, 2017
The driver and the co-driver of the heritage Nilgiris Mountain Railway sustained burn injuries when the engine boiler suddenly burst due to misfire and hot water spilled on them. The mishap occurred near Hillgrove railway station today.
The train with six coaches and nearly 120 passengers left Mettupalayam for Udhagamandalam at 7:15 am and suddenly stopped on a bridge at Hillgrove after a snag in the engine. This was owing to a misfire. As the driver raised the power, water from the radiator splashed out and fell on the two, railway sources said.
Bhoopathi and Satheesh sustained burn injuries from the minor sparks. Another engine and two coaches were requisitioned from Coonoor to take the passengers and also the injured drivers to hospital, they added.