25 Jun 2018, Edition - 1077, Monday
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is meeting J&K Governor NN Vohra
- Building collapsed in south Mumbai’s Pydhonie, NDRF teams has been put on alert, security measures are underway
- CBI moves SC against bail granted to Karti Chidambaram in INX media case by the High Court
- After Soz Book controversy, former PM Manmohan Singh to skip the book launch event
- SC agrees to hear plea by Subramanian Swamy to be heard in a PIL relating to ED investigation in the Aircel maxis case
- Engineer Rashid & others detained while they staged protest demanding action against Lal Singh
- Kashmir editors guild likely to take action, will file complaint against Lal Singh
- The Jammu & Kashmir police confirms that terrorists killed Shujaat Bhukari on Pakistan’s order
- Shujaat Bukhari was a marked man as he advocated for dialogue between India and Pakistan
Minor fire in toy train engine; two drivers suffer burns
Covai Post Network
December 9, 2017
The driver and the co-driver of the heritage Nilgiris Mountain Railway sustained burn injuries when the engine boiler suddenly burst due to misfire and hot water spilled on them. The mishap occurred near Hillgrove railway station today.
The train with six coaches and nearly 120 passengers left Mettupalayam for Udhagamandalam at 7:15 am and suddenly stopped on a bridge at Hillgrove after a snag in the engine. This was owing to a misfire. As the driver raised the power, water from the radiator splashed out and fell on the two, railway sources said.
Bhoopathi and Satheesh sustained burn injuries from the minor sparks. Another engine and two coaches were requisitioned from Coonoor to take the passengers and also the injured drivers to hospital, they added.