21 Mar 2018, Edition - 981, Wednesday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
Protest against Railways: Peelamedu residents to hoist black flags
Covai Post Network
November 20, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Residents of Peelamedu on Monday warned of hoisting black flags atop their houses, in protest against the delay by the Railways in constructing a sub-way along a Railway Over Bridge (ROB). In their petition to the District Collector, members of Peelamedu Residents Association and Consumer Voice said that since the works on the ROB was nearing completion, the Salem Division has not yet started the construction of sub-way, a long pending demand of the residents. To lodge our protest, we will hoist black flags atop out houses on November 28, they said.