17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Shankar murder case: Group members clash in court complex
Covai Post Network
December 12, 2017
Even as the court announced the verdict in the Dalit youth Shankar murder case on Tuesday, clashes broke out between two groups outside the court in Tirupur.
According to police, one group objected to another group celebrating the judgment and talking to the media persons. The wordy quarrel led to fisticuffs.
Police, who were deployed in large numbers, immediately swung into action and managed to disperse, not before two persons, said to be the relatives of Chinnasamy, who was awarded death sentence, sustained injuries. Meanwhile, a group entered the premises and started raising slogans. But police whisked them away.