23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
- Sec 144 imposed in and around Tuticorin till May 25th
- Shops were shut and 5000 policemen were deployed in Tuticorin after 11 people died while protesting against the Sterlite Plant
Shankar murder case: Group members clash in court complex
Covai Post Network
December 12, 2017
Even as the court announced the verdict in the Dalit youth Shankar murder case on Tuesday, clashes broke out between two groups outside the court in Tirupur.
According to police, one group objected to another group celebrating the judgment and talking to the media persons. The wordy quarrel led to fisticuffs.
Police, who were deployed in large numbers, immediately swung into action and managed to disperse, not before two persons, said to be the relatives of Chinnasamy, who was awarded death sentence, sustained injuries. Meanwhile, a group entered the premises and started raising slogans. But police whisked them away.