May 2, 2018
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Coimbatore : A farmer, his wife and their son died, while another son was struggling for life in the hospital, after the family consumed poison reportedly due to financial problem in Athur in nearby Salem district today.
Arjunan, 55, had been engaged in agriculture on contract basis in Thammampatti near Athur for the last few years.
However, he lost heavily and was facing financial problems, police said. Arjunan consumed pesticides after giving them to wife Vennila(35) and two sons – Prakash (13) and Mohan (10), they said.
While the couple and elder son were found dead by the neighbours, Mohan was taken to government hospital, where his condition is said to be serious.
Mohan said to have confessed to taking the extreme step due to financial difficulties, police added.