23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
Watchman dies of suffocation, another serious
Covai Post Network
December 23, 2017
Ooty : A watchman of a private engineering college near here was found dead and another in an unconscious condition in their cabin today, after inhaling smoke from fire lit to beat the biting cold.
A policemen on morning rounds, who used to sign a time book kept in the cabin, received no response after he tapped the door for long. After informing his higher ups, he broke open the door only to find both the watchmen lying unconscious, police said.
With the help of college staff, the two were shifted to the Hospital here, where Shanmugam (47) was declared brought dead, while Krishnan (56), being treated, was said to be critical. A case has been registered and investigations are on.
Wind : 0.6 km/h
Humidity : 91%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr