23 Sep 2018, Edition - 1167, Sunday
- Prasad said that the Congress has forgotten Bofors, 2G, and 3G and now he has the audacity of questioning the PM
- Former Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s lawyer did not oppose custody
- ‘Now this fertilizer plant will be symbolic of our success’, says PM Modi
- PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
- 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
- India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
- CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
- Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
- Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
- Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir
Tight security in Ooty for Pranab’s brief visit
Covai Post Network
May 23, 2017
President Pranab Mukherjee arrived at Udhagamandalam today to participate in the 159th annual day celebrations of Lawrence School.
Earlier, the President landed at Thittukal, from where he drove straight to the school at Lovedale. More than 1000 police personnel were deployed around the area.
After spending more than an hour in the school, Mr. Mukherjee took off by helicopter from Thittukal to Coimbatore from where he flew back to New Delhi.
Media personnel were denied invitation following a recent incident where a journalist of a leading daily refused to stand up for the national anthem.