25 May 2018, Edition - 1046, Friday
- This will be the prime minister’s first official visit to Indonesia and his second official visit to Singapore
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
Tight security in Ooty for Pranab’s brief visit
Covai Post Network
May 23, 2017
President Pranab Mukherjee arrived at Udhagamandalam today to participate in the 159th annual day celebrations of Lawrence School.
Earlier, the President landed at Thittukal, from where he drove straight to the school at Lovedale. More than 1000 police personnel were deployed around the area.
After spending more than an hour in the school, Mr. Mukherjee took off by helicopter from Thittukal to Coimbatore from where he flew back to New Delhi.
Media personnel were denied invitation following a recent incident where a journalist of a leading daily refused to stand up for the national anthem.