23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Banwarilal is new Governor, vows to support TN development
Covai Post Network
October 6, 2017
Chennai: Banwarilal Purohit has become Tamil Nadu’s Governor.
He was sworn in as the State’s 24th Governor and administered oath of office of Tamil Nadu today at Raj Bhavan here.
Purohit was administered the oath of office by Madras High Court Chief Justice Indira Bannerjee.
All his decisions would be based on the Constitution and there would be no political consideration in any of them, big or small, he said immediately after assuming office.
He assured all support the government for its development. “I have good friends in Delhi and I will ensure more funds are provided to Tamil Nadu,” he said.
Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswamy and Opposition DMK working president MK Stalin were among the those present during the swearing-in.