16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
Modi makes ‘courtesy call’ at Karunanidhi’s house
Covai Post Network
November 6, 2017
Chennai: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today called on DMK president M Karunanidhi at his residence and enquired about his health. This surprise move, as it was on the Prime Minister’s official tour schedule, has raised eyebrows in political circles.
After participating in the Platinum Jubilee celebrations of Tamil newspaper ‘Thina Thanthi’, Modi went to Karunanidhi’s Gopalapuram residence around noon in the company of DMK working president and Karunanidhi’s son MK Stalin and daughter Kanimozhi, MP, and other party leaders.
Modi sat beside the 94-year-old leader, held his hands and enquired about his health. He said it was a courtesy call.
Kanimozhi later told a private channel that the Prime Minister had invited Karunanidhi to his New Delhi residence where he could take rest.