September 27, 2021
In a country like India, people generally choose to purchase things manually. This creates an age-old tradition where you are dependent on agents to carry out procedures on your behalf. It might seem to be a difficult face-off between buying bike insurance online versus offline. Comparing the merits and shortcomings of the two, we might get a clear picture of what to choose between online and offline modes of buying insurance for your bike.
The Motor Vehicles Act mandated third-party two-wheeler insurance for vehicle owners driving on Indian roads. So, if you are planning to purchase a two-wheeler, you have to buy at least a third-party two-wheeler insurance plan. People having empowered themselves with the choice of buying two-wheeler insurance online, can avoid offense against any rule. Apart from abiding by the law it is also necessary to ensure the financial security of the person riding the vehicle, vehicle damages and third-party.
Nowadays, most people have started using online portals to get their bike insurance plans. Therefore, buying bike insurance online is more preferred than getting it done offline. The millennials would argue that the in-person method is time-consuming and inefficient, which is right through various extents.
Purchasing Two-wheeler Insurance Offline
To buy two-wheeler insurance offline, you need an agent who will brief you about the insurance policy the company has to offer. As the fact goes, this method takes more time compared to buying bike insurance online. Most people prefer offline mode because of the direct interaction with the insurance agent.
Merits of Purchasing Bike Insurance Offline
• P2P interaction: The significant benefit of purchasing insurance policies offline is that an expert can guide you to choose the right policy. The fact that the agent brings credibility with their experience in the insurance space creates confidence in the customer.
• No room for doubts: While purchasing an insurance policy, you usually have a lot of questions and are curious to know the relevance of the policy to their needs. In such situations, an experienced agent can clarify the doubts and help reach an informed decision.
• Saving time during a claim: Making an insurance claim is a hectic task, but when doing so, the agent can help fill in for their loss efficiently by making sure that requests process on a priority basis.
Purchasing bike insurance online
While we discussed the benefits of renewing your bike insurance offline, it is always recommended that you get the plan renewed at your convenience through online processes. The process is convenient for people who work full-time and have a busy schedule. While purchasing bike insurance offline, you visit the insurance agent’s office personally. Now, you can not only buy but also renew and even claim your insurance online. This means, smartphone users can purchase bike insurance online without stepping out.
Merits of purchasing bike insurance online
• Comparative analysis of policies: When buying bike insurance online the advantage of comparing policies while simultaneously checking the reviews of similar bike owners comes in handy in the decision-making process.
• Affordable pricing: Insurance companies having online operations incur lower costs. Buying bike insurance online also removes any middle man, thus making the online method more convenient and affordable.
• Less paperwork: While buying bike insurance online at the comfort of their homes, the person can reduce excessive time consumption along with paperwork.
Factors you should take note of when comparing bike insurance online
• Coverage: Before making the purchase, you should be thorough with the type of cover relevant for you and your bike for third-party liability and comprehensive policies.
• Premium: Compare the premiums shown by various insurance companies, check for discounts, and go for bike insurance that provides the highest cover against the lowest premium possible.
• Exclusions: Usually, insurance providers boldly display things that are included in their coverage or the insurance policy. It is equally crucial for the customers to check for the facilities not included in the coverage.
• Claim process: The claim process needs to be easy to understand and quick. You should always go for an online paperless claim procedure. The major concern of a policyholder is whether their claims will get settled in time or will get delayed when there is the need for it.
While planning to buy bike insurance, you should go through the above procedure of buying bike insurance online and offline. Buying bike insurance online can be seamless and safe. It is preferable to make use of high-end technology with high-quality content that is put up for our convenience.