18 Aug 2018, Edition - 1131, Saturday
- The former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan has passed away, a statement by the United Nations said
- Odisha government sent a 240-member fire services team to carry out rescue operations in flood-ravaged Kerala
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar donates 10 crore for Kerala
- 500 crore relief package announced for Kerala
- PM Modi undertakes aerial survey of Kerala
- Imran Khan Takes Oath As Pakistan’s New Prime Minister
- KeralaFloods : PM Modi announces Rs 500 crore aid as immediate assistance to the state
- Kerala floods: Virat Kohli, Sunil Chhetri, Sania Mirza come out urging people for help
- 106 die in a day in flood-hit Kerala
- PML-N president and the brother of jailed former Pakistan prime minister Nawaz Sharif, managed to secure just 96 seats
150 held in Coimbatore for rail roko bid against SC verdict on SC/ST Act
Covai Post Network
April 21, 2018
Coimbatore : Nearly 150 persons belonging to 10 different political parties and organisations were arrested today when
they attempted to stage rail roko in the city. They were protesting against the dilution of SC/ST Act by Supreme Court.
Led by Thanthai Periyar Dravida Kazhagam general secretary K Ramakrishnan and supported by fringe outfits like Dravidar Vidutalai Kazhakam and Tamil Puligal, the protesters marched towards the railway station.
ALSO READ : Journalists demand arrest of BJP leader Sekhar
Even as the activists were raising slogans against the Centre, a few belonging to Tamil Puligal alighted from Mettupalayam-Coimbatore passenger climbed the engine and raised slogans, police said.
As others also attempted to barge into the station to join the agitators on the track and engine, they were arrested, police added.