17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
4 hurt as century-old building collapses in Ooty rain
Covai Post Network
December 2, 2017
Four persons were injured when a century-old building, housing a tea shop, collapsed near the District Collectorate here today.Continuous rain for the last three days had left the building damp and it collapsed this morning. Four persons, trapped in the debris, were later rescued and admitted to the government hospital, police said. Of them, three were customers in the tea stall and the last was a helper there.
The Nilgiris has reported 12 landslides in Kothagiri, Wellington and Kallar which disrupted vehicular traffic. Police said efforts were on to restore the service and clearing the road of soil and trees.The landslide also led to cancellation of the Nilgiris Mountain Railway services from Mettupalayam to here for the second day.