23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
4 hurt as century-old building collapses in Ooty rain
Covai Post Network
December 2, 2017
Four persons were injured when a century-old building, housing a tea shop, collapsed near the District Collectorate here today.Continuous rain for the last three days had left the building damp and it collapsed this morning. Four persons, trapped in the debris, were later rescued and admitted to the government hospital, police said. Of them, three were customers in the tea stall and the last was a helper there.
The Nilgiris has reported 12 landslides in Kothagiri, Wellington and Kallar which disrupted vehicular traffic. Police said efforts were on to restore the service and clearing the road of soil and trees.The landslide also led to cancellation of the Nilgiris Mountain Railway services from Mettupalayam to here for the second day.