25 Sep 2018, Edition - 1169, Tuesday
- The country won’t be distracted by Rahul Gandhi’s shameless lie: Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Law Minister
- SC rules out disqualification, puts the onus on Parliament
- ED resisted my efforts to repay banks, Mallya tells court
- J&K: Encounter breaks out in Sopore as Tujjar village area has been cordoned off
- Leaves for J&K government employees canceled till Panchayat polls
- In June, Trump met Kim at a historic Singapore summit
- J&K: Jawan martyred in Tangdhar sector while attrmpting to stop infiltration
- Cricket is a captain’s game, coach must take back seat: Former India skipper Sourav Ganguly
Advocates hold demo in Coimbatore against J&K rape
Covai Post Network
April 16, 2018
Coimbatore : A group of advocates today staged a demonstration protesting against several issues, including the recent rape and murder of eight-year old Asifa in Jammu and Kashmir..
Holding placards like ‘Modi do not protect rapist, and ‘Asifa is our daughter and we want justice’, the lawyers raised slogans seeking an end to such heinous crimes.
ALSO WATCH : This seven-year-old who aspires to become a teacher battles Brittle Bone Disease
They also demanded immediate revocation of the suspension of a law student R Priya for allegedly speaking on Asifa-related issue during a debate in the college a couple of days ago and called fellow male students male chauvinists. The lawyers also criticised the dilution of SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act by the Supreme Court.