21 Apr 2018, Edition - 1012, Saturday
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
- JUST IN: RS Chair studying impeachment notice to consult with legal luminaries: Sources
- A senior BJP leader from Tamil Nadu has apologised for his Facebook comments on journalists
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
Advocates hold demo in Coimbatore against J&K rape
Covai Post Network
April 16, 2018
Coimbatore : A group of advocates today staged a demonstration protesting against several issues, including the recent rape and murder of eight-year old Asifa in Jammu and Kashmir..
Holding placards like ‘Modi do not protect rapist, and ‘Asifa is our daughter and we want justice’, the lawyers raised slogans seeking an end to such heinous crimes.
ALSO WATCH : This seven-year-old who aspires to become a teacher battles Brittle Bone Disease
They also demanded immediate revocation of the suspension of a law student R Priya for allegedly speaking on Asifa-related issue during a debate in the college a couple of days ago and called fellow male students male chauvinists. The lawyers also criticised the dilution of SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act by the Supreme Court.