20 Jul 2018, Edition - 1102, Friday
- Crimes against women increasing, women no more safe in India, says Cong President Rahul Gandhi
- 40 people gang-raped a 22-year-old girl for four days in a government guest house in Panchkula
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi, Mallikarjun Kharge and Jyotiraditya Scindia to be speakers for Congress
- TRS decides to criticise the government, to stage walk-out
- AIADMK to support the government in Lok Sabha today
- PM Modi meets top ministers in the parliament
- BJP President Amit Shah arrives at the parliament
Advocates hold demo in Coimbatore against J&K rape
Covai Post Network
April 16, 2018
Coimbatore : A group of advocates today staged a demonstration protesting against several issues, including the recent rape and murder of eight-year old Asifa in Jammu and Kashmir..
Holding placards like ‘Modi do not protect rapist, and ‘Asifa is our daughter and we want justice’, the lawyers raised slogans seeking an end to such heinous crimes.
ALSO WATCH : This seven-year-old who aspires to become a teacher battles Brittle Bone Disease
They also demanded immediate revocation of the suspension of a law student R Priya for allegedly speaking on Asifa-related issue during a debate in the college a couple of days ago and called fellow male students male chauvinists. The lawyers also criticised the dilution of SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act by the Supreme Court.