25 Jun 2018, Edition - 1077, Monday
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is meeting J&K Governor NN Vohra
- Building collapsed in south Mumbai’s Pydhonie, NDRF teams has been put on alert, security measures are underway
- CBI moves SC against bail granted to Karti Chidambaram in INX media case by the High Court
- After Soz Book controversy, former PM Manmohan Singh to skip the book launch event
- SC agrees to hear plea by Subramanian Swamy to be heard in a PIL relating to ED investigation in the Aircel maxis case
- Engineer Rashid & others detained while they staged protest demanding action against Lal Singh
- Kashmir editors guild likely to take action, will file complaint against Lal Singh
- The Jammu & Kashmir police confirms that terrorists killed Shujaat Bhukari on Pakistan’s order
- Shujaat Bukhari was a marked man as he advocated for dialogue between India and Pakistan
AIADMK will keep RK Nagar with 70,000 margin: Velumani
Covai Post Network
December 22, 2017
Tamil Nadu Municipal Administration Minister SP Velumani today exuded confidence about the victory of ruling party candidate E Madhusudhanan in the just-concluded by-poll to the RK Nagar Assembly constituency.
“There is no doubt the AIADMK candidate will win by a margin of over 70,000 votes,” he told reporters here during an inspection of the venue for the MGR Centenary celebrations scheduled on December 30. Chief Minister Edapadi Palanisamy would distribute benefits to around 16,000 people under various welfare schemes, he added.
About the non-starting of the expansion of bus stand in this tourist town at a cost of Rs 2 crore announced in May, Velumani said the foundation stone for that would be laid during the function.