24 Sep 2018, Edition - 1168, Monday
- Govt rejects JPC demand, 10-point justification issued, ‘CAG, CVC looking into matter’
- Flood threat looms over Punjab, CM Amarinder Singh holds high-level meet; schools, colleges shut tomorrow
- Crucial meet on SC/ST act at 4pm today
- J&K: 1 jawan martyred in Tangdhar encounter
- The Bishop was arrested after three days of interrogation on Friday
- EPS-OPS govt invites DMK President MK Stalin, Kanimozhi and TTV Dinakaran for MGR centenary celebrations on 30th Sep
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s bail plea rejected as judicial custody has been extended till October 6th
- Commander Abhilash Tomy rescued
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi visits his LS Constituency Amethi
- 15-year old boy lynched in Tamil Nadu for alleged theft
AIADMK will keep RK Nagar with 70,000 margin: Velumani
Covai Post Network
December 22, 2017
Tamil Nadu Municipal Administration Minister SP Velumani today exuded confidence about the victory of ruling party candidate E Madhusudhanan in the just-concluded by-poll to the RK Nagar Assembly constituency.
“There is no doubt the AIADMK candidate will win by a margin of over 70,000 votes,” he told reporters here during an inspection of the venue for the MGR Centenary celebrations scheduled on December 30. Chief Minister Edapadi Palanisamy would distribute benefits to around 16,000 people under various welfare schemes, he added.
About the non-starting of the expansion of bus stand in this tourist town at a cost of Rs 2 crore announced in May, Velumani said the foundation stone for that would be laid during the function.