19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- J&K minister opposes anti-encroachment drive; J&K minister pelts stones during demolition drive
- All opportunities being diverted to Gujarat. Nothing is given for Maharashtra by the central govt, says MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches a direct hotline to the state CM’s office
- MNS workers vandalise shops, assault cabs in Vasai area, near Mumbai.
- After nothing was allocated in the Finance bill, I decided that TDP is not going to be in alliance with the NDA govt: AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the second time in two hours. Will be adjourned till Tuesday.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee’s name plate vandalised in Presidency University, Kolkata
- Supreme Court asks Centre to visit Rohingya refugee camps after lawyer filed PIL alleging human rights violations at the camps.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh says there is nothing to fear if non-confidence motion is moved against the government.
- Morally, BJP govt has failed in fulfilling the promises made to the state of AP, says Congress party’s Renuka Chowdhury
Bid to break open ATM
Covai Post Network
November 29, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
A futile attempt was made to break open an ATM of a nationalised bank at Cross Cut Road in the city in the early hours of Wednesday.
According to police, who obtained CCTV footage from the ATM, two men entered the cabin and attempted to open the machine with a device around 2.45 a.m. The two did not show their faces. As the alarm bell started ringing the duo fled the scene.
Police and a senior bank official arrived at the spot following information. Police, who carried out a vehicle check, are confident of nabbing the culprits based on the CCTV footage in the vicinity.