17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
- Power supply to be suspended in parts of Chennai on August 17
- Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away at 93
- Jagat Prakash Nadda, Health Minister briefs media, says Atal Bihari Vajpayee still critical
- PM Modi leaves AIIMS, Delhi after visiting critical Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- I have cancelled my work to visit Atal Bihari Vajpayee today, Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal CM
- PM Modi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
- BJP Chief Amit Shah and Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan reaches AIIMS, PM Modi expected shortly
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
Bid to break open ATM
Covai Post Network
November 29, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
A futile attempt was made to break open an ATM of a nationalised bank at Cross Cut Road in the city in the early hours of Wednesday.
According to police, who obtained CCTV footage from the ATM, two men entered the cabin and attempted to open the machine with a device around 2.45 a.m. The two did not show their faces. As the alarm bell started ringing the duo fled the scene.
Police and a senior bank official arrived at the spot following information. Police, who carried out a vehicle check, are confident of nabbing the culprits based on the CCTV footage in the vicinity.