23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
Dishonour those in Panama and Paradise leak lists
November 9, 2017
EMAIL TO THE EDITOR
The system in India unfortunately lacks pace unlike in Pakistan where economic-offenders highlighted in the Panama leaks and now in the Paradise one have been punished. Several Indian TV news-channels evidently had no option other than to ignore the important news after their owners were distinguished to be placed in Paradise-paper leaks even when they claim to be against black money.
With names of influential ones from all sectors, including politics, finding a place on the leak lists, there is hardly any possibility of quick punishment of these offenders. The Central Government can at least do a little by dishonouring all those figured in Panama and Paradise paper leaks by instant taking away from them national honours, including Padma awards, till they are cleared of the offences.
(The author of the column is MADHU AGRAWAL)
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are the author’s own.
Wind : 0.8 km/h
Humidity : 93%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr