25 Jun 2018, Edition - 1077, Monday
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is meeting J&K Governor NN Vohra
- Building collapsed in south Mumbai’s Pydhonie, NDRF teams has been put on alert, security measures are underway
- CBI moves SC against bail granted to Karti Chidambaram in INX media case by the High Court
- After Soz Book controversy, former PM Manmohan Singh to skip the book launch event
- SC agrees to hear plea by Subramanian Swamy to be heard in a PIL relating to ED investigation in the Aircel maxis case
- Engineer Rashid & others detained while they staged protest demanding action against Lal Singh
- Kashmir editors guild likely to take action, will file complaint against Lal Singh
- The Jammu & Kashmir police confirms that terrorists killed Shujaat Bhukari on Pakistan’s order
- Shujaat Bukhari was a marked man as he advocated for dialogue between India and Pakistan
Dishonour those in Panama and Paradise leak lists
November 9, 2017
EMAIL TO THE EDITOR
The system in India unfortunately lacks pace unlike in Pakistan where economic-offenders highlighted in the Panama leaks and now in the Paradise one have been punished. Several Indian TV news-channels evidently had no option other than to ignore the important news after their owners were distinguished to be placed in Paradise-paper leaks even when they claim to be against black money.
With names of influential ones from all sectors, including politics, finding a place on the leak lists, there is hardly any possibility of quick punishment of these offenders. The Central Government can at least do a little by dishonouring all those figured in Panama and Paradise paper leaks by instant taking away from them national honours, including Padma awards, till they are cleared of the offences.
(The author of the column is MADHU AGRAWAL)
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are the author’s own.