23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
DMK legislator seeks proper maintenance of Coimbatore parks, street lights
Covai Post Network
November 13, 2017
DMK legislator N Karthik has urged the City Corporation to take steps for proper maintenance of street
lights and parks.
In a petition submitted personally to Corporation Commissioner and Special Officer Dr K Vijayakarthikeyan today, he blamed the officials for poor maintenance of city parks.
Street lights, particularly the solar ones installed using the MLA fund, were very poorly maintained and hundreds of them were not functioning, he added.
Karthik also urged the Commissioner to implement various development works in many wards. Party senior office-bearers accompanied Singanallur MLA when he met Vijayakarthikeyan.