25 May 2018, Edition - 1046, Friday
- This will be the prime minister’s first official visit to Indonesia and his second official visit to Singapore
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
Eid ul Adha prayers offered in city
Covai Post Network
September 13, 2016
Special prayer ceremonies on the occasion of Eid ul Adha was organised this morning in Coimbatore city. About 10,000 men and women gathered at the Islamiyah Matriculation Higher Secondary School grounds, Karumbukkadai, and offered their prayers. Janab Abdul Gafoor (Imam, Masjidhul Huda) led the Eid-ul-Azhha prayers, and Moulavi. M. Mohammed Ismail Imdhadi delivered a lecture on the deep connection between human rights and the spiritual celebrations guided by Islam.
Prayers were also offered for world peace, communal harmony, and for the people in the war-torn regions around the world.
A press release from the Coimbatore chapter of the Jamaat-e-Islami Hind said that the mass prayer was jointly organised by Jamaat-e-Islami Hind along with the administration of Masjidhul Ihsaan and Masjidhul Huda.