25 Jun 2018, Edition - 1077, Monday
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is meeting J&K Governor NN Vohra
- Building collapsed in south Mumbai’s Pydhonie, NDRF teams has been put on alert, security measures are underway
- CBI moves SC against bail granted to Karti Chidambaram in INX media case by the High Court
- After Soz Book controversy, former PM Manmohan Singh to skip the book launch event
- SC agrees to hear plea by Subramanian Swamy to be heard in a PIL relating to ED investigation in the Aircel maxis case
- Engineer Rashid & others detained while they staged protest demanding action against Lal Singh
- Kashmir editors guild likely to take action, will file complaint against Lal Singh
- The Jammu & Kashmir police confirms that terrorists killed Shujaat Bhukari on Pakistan’s order
- Shujaat Bukhari was a marked man as he advocated for dialogue between India and Pakistan
IT raid in Green Tea estate ends, manager taken to Coimbatore
Covai Post Network
November 14, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
The raid in the Green Tea Estate in Kothagiri here, said to be owned by former Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and her aide V.K. Sasikala, concluded on Tuesday.
During the raids that began on November 9, IT sleuths are believed to have gone through and verified 800 documents.
After the raids, officials took the estate manager, Natarajan (who is also looking after the affairs of Jayalalithaa’s Kodanadu Estate) to Coimbatore for ‘clarification’, police said.
The search reportedly came to an end late in the evening, since there was reduction in the deployment of police and security.