17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
- Power supply to be suspended in parts of Chennai on August 17
- Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away at 93
- Jagat Prakash Nadda, Health Minister briefs media, says Atal Bihari Vajpayee still critical
- PM Modi leaves AIIMS, Delhi after visiting critical Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- I have cancelled my work to visit Atal Bihari Vajpayee today, Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal CM
- PM Modi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
- BJP Chief Amit Shah and Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan reaches AIIMS, PM Modi expected shortly
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
Loyola survey was carried out scientifically: H Raja
Covai Post Network
August 30, 2015
The BJP’s national secretary had arrived in Coimbatore to participate in the merchants annual day celebrations. In a press meet that followed, he said that the Home Ministry had recently released a religious census which showed a worrying decline in the percentage of Hindu population. He also remarked that if the decline continued, Hindus will become a minority religion in India by the year 2115.
He said that amendments should be brought about in the general civil law, and the legislation banning religious conversion should be amended.
Regarding the survey conducted by Loyola College, he said that Stalin had a mild lead over M. Karunanidhi. Dismissing allegations that the opinion polls were not reliable, he said that the survey was carried out in a scientific manner. He added that parties like MDMK, CPI, and CPI-M will not be able to garner enough votes to pose any serious threat to the parties that would form the government in the state.