November 3, 2016
A 48-year old man was electrocuted after he came into contact with a snapped live wire in Nallampalayam in the city.
Emmanuel, a driver by profession, had gone to see the doctor, after he fell ill last night and accidentally stepped on to a snapped electricity wire lying on the road, following heavy wind and rains, police said.
He was thrown by the heavy current and a few members of public took him to a private hospital, where Emmanuel was declared brought dead.
The body was then shifted to Coimbatore Medical College Hospital, where postmortem was carried out today, police said.