23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
Online fraudsters take away Rs 7L from Thudiyalur businessman’s account
Covai Post Network
November 11, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
A businessman from Thudiyalur has lost Rs 6.73 lakh after fraudsters hacked his bank account and got the money transferred to various accounts.
K Arumugam, who lives in Richard Street, runs Sri Bharamasakthi Engineers in Thudiyalur. He business account is with the Perur branch of Bank of India. According to police, on July 31, some unidentified persons succeeded in getting his bank account details and his Aircel mobile number. The used these to fake documents and get a duplicate sim from Aircel office in Nava India, posing themselves as owners of Sri Bharamsakthi Engineers.
Using the duplicate sim card, the culprits transferred Rs 6.73 lakh from the account to another one and immediately transferred that to various other accounts. Police are investigating and have filed a case for cheating, fraud and forgery under Sections of the Indian Penal Code and IT Act.
Wind : 0.8 km/h
Humidity : 93%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr