25 Jun 2018, Edition - 1077, Monday
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is meeting J&K Governor NN Vohra
- Building collapsed in south Mumbai’s Pydhonie, NDRF teams has been put on alert, security measures are underway
- CBI moves SC against bail granted to Karti Chidambaram in INX media case by the High Court
- After Soz Book controversy, former PM Manmohan Singh to skip the book launch event
- SC agrees to hear plea by Subramanian Swamy to be heard in a PIL relating to ED investigation in the Aircel maxis case
- Engineer Rashid & others detained while they staged protest demanding action against Lal Singh
- Kashmir editors guild likely to take action, will file complaint against Lal Singh
- The Jammu & Kashmir police confirms that terrorists killed Shujaat Bhukari on Pakistan’s order
- Shujaat Bukhari was a marked man as he advocated for dialogue between India and Pakistan
Salem railway division opens holiday home, Rest House at Yercaud
Covai Post Network
November 14, 2017
The Salem Division of Southern Railway opened a staff holiday home and an officers’ rest house at Yercaud today as part of welfare activities for its staff and retired officials.
The Rs 30-lakh facilities have been developed on the erstwhile Micro Wave Tower premises. Solar-powered lamps have been fitted on the holiday home premises, according to a statement.
Divisional Railway Manager Hari Shankar Verma said the facilities have been the result of the long pending demand of employees.
The two holiday homes and three rest house rooms have been provided with furniture and cooking facilities and will have a team of caretakers available round the clock, he added.
The facilities were inaugurated by Salem Division Assistant Divisional Engineer A Ramachandran in the presence of Verma and other senior officials.