19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- J&K minister opposes anti-encroachment drive; J&K minister pelts stones during demolition drive
- All opportunities being diverted to Gujarat. Nothing is given for Maharashtra by the central govt, says MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches a direct hotline to the state CM’s office
- MNS workers vandalise shops, assault cabs in Vasai area, near Mumbai.
- After nothing was allocated in the Finance bill, I decided that TDP is not going to be in alliance with the NDA govt: AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the second time in two hours. Will be adjourned till Tuesday.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee’s name plate vandalised in Presidency University, Kolkata
- Supreme Court asks Centre to visit Rohingya refugee camps after lawyer filed PIL alleging human rights violations at the camps.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh says there is nothing to fear if non-confidence motion is moved against the government.
- Morally, BJP govt has failed in fulfilling the promises made to the state of AP, says Congress party’s Renuka Chowdhury
Sri Krishna College emerges winner
Covai Post Network
September 13, 2016
Sri Krishna College of Technology was declared winner in the championship of Zone 10 at the recent sports meet hosted by Anna University Sports Board, Chennai. The College secured an overall 340 points.
According to a press release from the college, Karpagam Engineering College finished second with 280 points while Dr. Mahalingam Engineering College, Pollachi came third with 260 points. There are a total of 47 colleges affiliated to Zone 10.
The winners received the trophy from Minister for Higher Education, K.P. Anbalagan and Minister for School Education and Sports and Youth Welfare, K. Pandiarajan.
The Anna University Sports Board has 19 zones. Coimbatore District has three zones – 9, 10 and 11. Every academic year the university hosts various sports competitions. Engineering colleges from every zones compete for the overall championship.