23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
Stones pelted at bakery owned by Kannadiga; bid to besiege banks
Covai Post Network
September 14, 2016
Members of various outfits attempted to besiege branches of Karnataka Bank in the City today.
Around 25 members of the Thanthai Periyar Dravidar Kazhagam attempted to besiege the State Bank of Mysore branch near the 100 Feet Road condemning the continuous attacks on Tamils and the burning of vehicles bearing Tamil Nadu registration numbers. They demanded an apology from the Karnataka Government for the attacks and a compensation for the losses suffered by the Tamils. Police detained them.
Police also arrested around 120 members of various trade unions who attempted to besiege a bank branch. The members were detained near VOC Park as they attempted to proceed from there to the bank.
Meanwhile, miscreants also pelted stones at a bakery owned by a Kannadiga near Gandhipuram 100 Feet Road.