17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
- Power supply to be suspended in parts of Chennai on August 17
- Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away at 93
- Jagat Prakash Nadda, Health Minister briefs media, says Atal Bihari Vajpayee still critical
- PM Modi leaves AIIMS, Delhi after visiting critical Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- I have cancelled my work to visit Atal Bihari Vajpayee today, Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal CM
- PM Modi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
- BJP Chief Amit Shah and Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan reaches AIIMS, PM Modi expected shortly
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
Stones pelted at bakery owned by Kannadiga; bid to besiege banks
Covai Post Network
September 14, 2016
Members of various outfits attempted to besiege branches of Karnataka Bank in the City today.
Around 25 members of the Thanthai Periyar Dravidar Kazhagam attempted to besiege the State Bank of Mysore branch near the 100 Feet Road condemning the continuous attacks on Tamils and the burning of vehicles bearing Tamil Nadu registration numbers. They demanded an apology from the Karnataka Government for the attacks and a compensation for the losses suffered by the Tamils. Police detained them.
Police also arrested around 120 members of various trade unions who attempted to besiege a bank branch. The members were detained near VOC Park as they attempted to proceed from there to the bank.
Meanwhile, miscreants also pelted stones at a bakery owned by a Kannadiga near Gandhipuram 100 Feet Road.