25 May 2018, Edition - 1046, Friday
- This will be the prime minister’s first official visit to Indonesia and his second official visit to Singapore
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
Taxies off road in Ooty against Ola, Uber entry
Covai Post Network
December 18, 2017
Ooty : Around 600 taxis in the Nilgiris were off the roads in this tourist town today in protest against the entry of Ola and Uber taxies.
The drivers and owners, under the banner of Nilgiris District Tourist Vehicle Owners and Drivers Association, alleged that the entry of such chain of cars would hit their livelihood hard. Since these taxies planned to operate from the district, a major tourist destination, over 600 taxis and thousands of drivers depending on them would be rendered jobless, they said.
Besides, the association also wanted the administration to levy tax on two-wheelers given on rent in the town, police said.
They staged a demonstration and raised slogans in support of their demand.