23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Several are feared to be trapped as building in Jodhpur collapsed due to digging work in the Sadarpura area
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
Three held for elephant poaching near Gudalur
Covai Post Network
November 10, 2017
Three persons were taken into custody for their alleged involvement in killing of an elephant and poaching it tusks at Nadugani near Gudalur on Friday.
Based on information from the villagers, forest department officials carried out search and nabbed Dharmalingam, Manoharan and Mani near Cherampadi on the Tamil Nadu-Kerala border and taken to the department office for questioning.
Preliminary inquiry revealed the involvement of another three persons in the incident, department sources said.
The officials are carrying out search for the trio, who could have taken the tusks for selling them in Kerala.