25 Sep 2018, Edition - 1169, Tuesday
- The country won’t be distracted by Rahul Gandhi’s shameless lie: Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Law Minister
- SC rules out disqualification, puts the onus on Parliament
- ED resisted my efforts to repay banks, Mallya tells court
- J&K: Encounter breaks out in Sopore as Tujjar village area has been cordoned off
- Leaves for J&K government employees canceled till Panchayat polls
- In June, Trump met Kim at a historic Singapore summit
- J&K: Jawan martyred in Tangdhar sector while attrmpting to stop infiltration
- Cricket is a captain’s game, coach must take back seat: Former India skipper Sourav Ganguly
Three prisoners detained under Goondas Act
Covai Post Network
April 16, 2018
COIMBATORE: Three persons involved in waylay robbery and lodged in the central jail here, were detained under the Goondas Act on Monday.
Police had arrested seven persons for waylaying and relieving one Rameshkumar of his two-and-a-half sovereign chain on January 31 in the city.
All the accused, hailing from Mumbai, were arrested and lodged in the prison here.
In view of the involvement in such crimes, City Police Commissioner K. Periaiah ordered detention of three accused – Feroze Ali Syed, Sadiq Ali and Kabir Ali – under the Goondas Act, which was served on them in the jail, police said.