22 Sep 2018, Edition - 1166, Saturday
- Prasad said that the Congress has forgotten Bofors, 2G, and 3G and now he has the audacity of questioning the PM
- Former Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s lawyer did not oppose custody
- ‘Now this fertilizer plant will be symbolic of our success’, says PM Modi
- PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
- 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
- India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
- CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
- Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
- Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
- Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir
Traders seek compensation
Covai Post Network
September 26, 2016
The Tamil Nadu Traders’ Association has urged the State Government to provide adequate compensation to those shopkeepers and traders affected by the violence during the funeral procession of a Hindu Munnani functionary in the Coimbatore two days ago.
The traders were seriously affected by the arson and looting by a section of mourners, particularly in and around Thudiyalur, the place where the slain Sasikumar lived, association president T. Vellayan, who visited the area, told reporters yesterday.
The attack on traders was a matter of concern, he said and appealed to the Government to provide necessary protection to run their business.