25 Jun 2018, Edition - 1077, Monday
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is meeting J&K Governor NN Vohra
- Building collapsed in south Mumbai’s Pydhonie, NDRF teams has been put on alert, security measures are underway
- CBI moves SC against bail granted to Karti Chidambaram in INX media case by the High Court
- After Soz Book controversy, former PM Manmohan Singh to skip the book launch event
- SC agrees to hear plea by Subramanian Swamy to be heard in a PIL relating to ED investigation in the Aircel maxis case
- Engineer Rashid & others detained while they staged protest demanding action against Lal Singh
- Kashmir editors guild likely to take action, will file complaint against Lal Singh
- The Jammu & Kashmir police confirms that terrorists killed Shujaat Bhukari on Pakistan’s order
- Shujaat Bukhari was a marked man as he advocated for dialogue between India and Pakistan
Traders seek compensation
Covai Post Network
September 26, 2016
The Tamil Nadu Traders’ Association has urged the State Government to provide adequate compensation to those shopkeepers and traders affected by the violence during the funeral procession of a Hindu Munnani functionary in the Coimbatore two days ago.
The traders were seriously affected by the arson and looting by a section of mourners, particularly in and around Thudiyalur, the place where the slain Sasikumar lived, association president T. Vellayan, who visited the area, told reporters yesterday.
The attack on traders was a matter of concern, he said and appealed to the Government to provide necessary protection to run their business.