August 29, 2016
Two boys, both five years, were electrocuted when they came into contact with the fencing of a house upon which a snapped live wire was leaning at Edayakadu village near Pattukottai this morning.
The deceased were identified as Sridhar, son of Manimaran, and Manikandan, son of Ramesh, both residents of Kasim Colony.
According to police, the boys were playing in front of their house, when they touched the fence of the house inadvertently. A live snapped wire had fallen on the fence. They were rushed to the government hospital in Pattukottai where they were pronounced ‘brought dead’.