24 May 2018, Edition - 1045, Thursday
- 6 women officers of the Indian Navy, who successfully circumnavigated the globe on INSV Tarini met PM Modi
- Case has been filed against Kamal Haasan and Vaiko for violating Section 144
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
Undertrial attempts on life
Covai Post Network
September 15, 2016
An undertrial lodged in the central prison here today attempted to commit suicide by slitting his throat in his prison cell.
According to police, 41-year old Senthilkumar, hailing from Pannimadai, was arrested a month ago on charges of stealing motorbikes. Other inmates in cell saw Senthilkumar taking out a blade from his pocket and slitting his throat. Jail authorities rushed him to the Government Hospital here, where he is undergoing treatment.