23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Youth seriously injured in Tiger attack near MTR
Covai Post Network
November 11, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
A 23-year-old youth was seriously injured when a tiger attacked him near his house in Naganpalli falling under the Mudumalai Tiger Reserve (MTR) in Nilgiris district.
According to Forest Department sources, the tiger pounced on Satish when he came out of his house at around 6.45 p.m.
Hearing his screams, his neighbours came out and managed to drive away the tiger by scaring it.
Satish, who was injured on his thighs, abdomen and backside, was immediately rushed to the Government Hospital in Gudalur, some 80 km from Udhagamandalam.