21 Feb 2018, Edition - 953, Wednesday
- SC sends message to fringe, stay on FIR against Priya Varrier.
- Former Pakistan cricketer’s son commits suicide over non-selection in U-19 team
- Cost effective ISRO: India’s Chandrayaan-2 said to be cheaper than Hollywood’s Interstellar
- State government denied permission to Kamal Haasan to visit A. P. J. Abdul Kalam school
- Big development in PNB fraud case, CBI arrests PNB’s Rajesh Jindal.
- Adviser to Delhi CM, VK Jain detained by Delhi Police
Time magazine names ‘Silence Breakers‘ as Person of the Year for this inspiring reason
December 7, 2017
Time Magazine names ‘Silence Breakers’ – women who publicly shared their experiences of sexual abuse and harassment as “Person of the Year “collectively. The magazine cover features women including Taylor Swift and Ashley Judd who spoke out against sexual misconduct in Hollywood, spurring millions of women to do the same, triggering the use of #MeToo which was used by women to share their horrifying experiences of sexual abuse and harassment, thus highlighting and voicing a serious issue. Time magazine calls them “the voices that launched a movement.”