19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- J&K minister opposes anti-encroachment drive; J&K minister pelts stones during demolition drive
- All opportunities being diverted to Gujarat. Nothing is given for Maharashtra by the central govt, says MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches a direct hotline to the state CM’s office
- MNS workers vandalise shops, assault cabs in Vasai area, near Mumbai.
- After nothing was allocated in the Finance bill, I decided that TDP is not going to be in alliance with the NDA govt: AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the second time in two hours. Will be adjourned till Tuesday.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee’s name plate vandalised in Presidency University, Kolkata
- Supreme Court asks Centre to visit Rohingya refugee camps after lawyer filed PIL alleging human rights violations at the camps.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh says there is nothing to fear if non-confidence motion is moved against the government.
- Morally, BJP govt has failed in fulfilling the promises made to the state of AP, says Congress party’s Renuka Chowdhury
2 held for possessing country-made gun
Covai Post Network
December 27, 2017
Two persons were arrested today for possessing a country-made gun, reportedly for hunting wild boars in Thondamuthur area on the outskirts.
Police, who were checking vehicles in the early hours today, noticed two motorcycle-borne persons moving in a suspicious manner and intercepted them. On search they found a country gun and took Vadivel and Rajakumar into custody, police said
They reportedly confessed that the gun was purchased from a person some years ago and was used to hunt wild boars for meat. After registering case under Arms Act 1959, the two were arrested, police said.