22 May 2018, Edition - 1043, Tuesday
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
2 held for possessing country-made gun
Covai Post Network
December 27, 2017
Two persons were arrested today for possessing a country-made gun, reportedly for hunting wild boars in Thondamuthur area on the outskirts.
Police, who were checking vehicles in the early hours today, noticed two motorcycle-borne persons moving in a suspicious manner and intercepted them. On search they found a country gun and took Vadivel and Rajakumar into custody, police said
They reportedly confessed that the gun was purchased from a person some years ago and was used to hunt wild boars for meat. After registering case under Arms Act 1959, the two were arrested, police said.