23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- Reports have emerged that China has transferred a highly-sensitive missile technology to Pakistan
- TDP reaches out to TRS, AIADMK, asks for their help in pushing for no-confidence motion in the Parliament.
- Mallapuram, Kerala: 22 year old stabbed to death by her father on the eve of wedding; family opposed her wedding to the man
- Kerala Professor Jouhar Munavvir booked over his derogatory remarks against women
- Social activist Anna Hazare begins hunger strike in the national capital demanding Lokpal and better solution for farmers’ issues
- Ballia, Uttar Pradesh: 15 year old ends life after police did not act seriously on her complaint about harassment by 5 men.
- Bolt and Dortmund are both sponsored by Puma and the event was hence considered more of a publicity stunt
- CM Naidu speaks to his MPs, tells TDP MPs to ‘keep fighting, don’t stop till A.P gets justice’, TDP keeps up pressure on centre
- Mohammed Shami cleared by BCCI | Cricketer gets clean chit by Anti-corruption unit
- Airtel scored the lowest score at 3.2 Mbps in Kanpur, while the lowest score by Idea Cellular was reported to be 2.6 Mbps in Bhiwani
2G verdict just another court ruling, says Tamilisai
Covai Post Network
December 21, 2017
The verdict in the 2G case should be viewed as another court ruling and nothing more, BJP Tamil Nadu unit President Tamilisai Soundararajan said today.
In reaction to the verdict where all the accused were acquitted, she said there could not be a second opinion on the verdict. The court might have gone through minute details of the case before giving the judgment, she said and could comment on it only after going through the judgement copy.
The BJP’s stand was that bribe and corruption should be totally wiped out from politics, she added.
On RK Nagar by-poll, she said despite all efforts, the Election Commission could not prevent the distribution of money to voters.