21 Aug 2018, Edition - 1134, Tuesday
- 3 more people arrested by ATS in Aurangabad in connection to Sachin Andure
- Satya Pal Malik has been appointed as Governor of Jammu & Kashmir
- London Court denies bail to Dawood’s aide Jabir Moti
- Govt sources: 500 crores for Kerala floods is only interim amount
- J&K: Encounter underway in Handwara as 2-3 terrorists are holed up
- Madras HC stays Chennai-Salem Highway project
- SC/ST amendment, which was cleared by parliament, challenged in Supreme Court
- Mandsaur Rape Case: Court pronounces the death sentence to the two accused as trial concludes in less than 2 months
- Chhattisgarh cabinet to rename administrative capital ‘Atal Nagar’ in honor of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Navjot Singh Sidhu justifies ‘jhappi’ to Pakistan Army Chief, invokes Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s bus trip
AEPC seeks refund of embedded taxes
Covai Post Network
May 22, 2018
Coimbatore : Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) has requested Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani to consider refunding the embedded taxes to the tune of four to five per cent to the industry, which will fill the gap of reduced drawback and rebate on state levies.
AEPC also requested the Minister to take up the issue of Free Trade Agreement to Europe with the Commerce Ministry for further growth of exports since competitive countries were enjoying the duty free status, AEPC vice-chairman A Sakthivel said in a statement.
ALSO READ : Nipah virus claims 10 lives in Kerala
Sakthivel, who met Smriti yesterday at her office in New Delhi, said he had on behalf of the apparel industry also thanked her for the efforts and support for reviving the industry.