May 6, 2018
Coimbatore: An aged couple was electrocuted in their house near Sulur on the outskirts in the early hours of today.
According to police, 60-year old Chinnapparaj had gone to dry some washed clothes on the roof of the house in Kaliyapuram and came into contact with a live electric wire touching the iron rope.
Hearing the screams, wife Masani (58) rushed and attempted to rescue her husband, but current passed on to her, after touching her husband and both were electrocuted and died on the spot, police said.
Based on information, police rushed to the spot and recovered the bodies and investigations on, they said.