25 Jun 2018, Edition - 1077, Monday
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is meeting J&K Governor NN Vohra
- Building collapsed in south Mumbai’s Pydhonie, NDRF teams has been put on alert, security measures are underway
- CBI moves SC against bail granted to Karti Chidambaram in INX media case by the High Court
- After Soz Book controversy, former PM Manmohan Singh to skip the book launch event
- SC agrees to hear plea by Subramanian Swamy to be heard in a PIL relating to ED investigation in the Aircel maxis case
- Engineer Rashid & others detained while they staged protest demanding action against Lal Singh
- Kashmir editors guild likely to take action, will file complaint against Lal Singh
- The Jammu & Kashmir police confirms that terrorists killed Shujaat Bhukari on Pakistan’s order
- Shujaat Bukhari was a marked man as he advocated for dialogue between India and Pakistan
Centre urged not to close Government Press
Covai Post Network
December 7, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
The workers of the Government Press have appealed to the Centre not to close the press.
With the Directorate of Printing ordering the closure of the press by December 31, the workers – 70 of them – were likely to be transferred to Nasik.
According to AITUC sources the press has enough printing orders that would last for more than four months. “The decision to close the press is against the State and its people,” they said.
Various other political and other organisations have already raised their voice against the Centre’s decision