22 Sep 2018, Edition - 1166, Saturday
- Prasad said that the Congress has forgotten Bofors, 2G, and 3G and now he has the audacity of questioning the PM
- Former Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s lawyer did not oppose custody
- ‘Now this fertilizer plant will be symbolic of our success’, says PM Modi
- PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
- 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
- India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
- CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
- Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
- Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
- Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir
Centre urged not to close Government Press
Covai Post Network
December 7, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
The workers of the Government Press have appealed to the Centre not to close the press.
With the Directorate of Printing ordering the closure of the press by December 31, the workers – 70 of them – were likely to be transferred to Nasik.
According to AITUC sources the press has enough printing orders that would last for more than four months. “The decision to close the press is against the State and its people,” they said.
Various other political and other organisations have already raised their voice against the Centre’s decision