23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- Reports have emerged that China has transferred a highly-sensitive missile technology to Pakistan
- TDP reaches out to TRS, AIADMK, asks for their help in pushing for no-confidence motion in the Parliament.
- Mallapuram, Kerala: 22 year old stabbed to death by her father on the eve of wedding; family opposed her wedding to the man
- Kerala Professor Jouhar Munavvir booked over his derogatory remarks against women
- Social activist Anna Hazare begins hunger strike in the national capital demanding Lokpal and better solution for farmers’ issues
- Ballia, Uttar Pradesh: 15 year old ends life after police did not act seriously on her complaint about harassment by 5 men.
- Bolt and Dortmund are both sponsored by Puma and the event was hence considered more of a publicity stunt
- CM Naidu speaks to his MPs, tells TDP MPs to ‘keep fighting, don’t stop till A.P gets justice’, TDP keeps up pressure on centre
- Mohammed Shami cleared by BCCI | Cricketer gets clean chit by Anti-corruption unit
- Airtel scored the lowest score at 3.2 Mbps in Kanpur, while the lowest score by Idea Cellular was reported to be 2.6 Mbps in Bhiwani
Children rescued, abusive parents on the run
Covai Post Network
December 21, 2017
Police on Wednesday rescued two kids from their parents who have been abusing and assaulting them everyday at Tiruppur.
Manoj and his wife Bijilu, who had recently moved from Odisha, were residing at Chettipalayam in Dharapuram along with their four-year-old boy and two-and-a-half-year-old daughter.
According to police, neighbours would everyday hear both the kids crying all the time. On Wednesday, when they heard the loud cries of the boy, they rushed to the house only to see the boy branded with a hot iron by the parents, police said.
Neighbours alerted the police, who rushed to the spot and rescued the children. But both Manoj and Bijilu escaped before police arrived at the scene. A search has been launched to nab them.