24 Sep 2018, Edition - 1168, Monday
- J&K: 1 jawan martyred in Tangdhar encounter
- The Bishop was arrested after three days of interrogation on Friday
- EPS-OPS govt invites DMK President MK Stalin, Kanimozhi and TTV Dinakaran for MGR centenary celebrations on 30th Sep
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s bail plea rejected as judicial custody has been extended till October 6th
- Commander Abhilash Tomy rescued
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi visits his LS Constituency Amethi
- 15-year old boy lynched in Tamil Nadu for alleged theft
- A team has been dispatched to the spot to probe the incident
- Allegedly, the bishop is involved in more cases of sexual harassment against women
- PM Modi inaugurates the Pakyong Airport near Gangtok, Sikkim
Coimbatore district gets 7,370 EVMs
Covai Post Network
June 21, 2018
Coimbatore : The Election Commission has sent 7,370 EVMs for use in Coimbatore district.
After inspection of the voting machines, District Collector T N Hariharan said the container with the EVMs and along with 4,000 control units was opened in the presence of representatives of recognised political parties today.
The machines were sent from BEL, Bengaluru, and had been kept in safe custody in the strong room of Deputy Director of Health in the city and there would be 24×7 security, he added.