21 Jul 2018, Edition - 1103, Saturday
- Crimes against women increasing, women no more safe in India, says Cong President Rahul Gandhi
- 40 people gang-raped a 22-year-old girl for four days in a government guest house in Panchkula
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi, Mallikarjun Kharge and Jyotiraditya Scindia to be speakers for Congress
- TRS decides to criticise the government, to stage walk-out
- AIADMK to support the government in Lok Sabha today
- PM Modi meets top ministers in the parliament
- BJP President Amit Shah arrives at the parliament
Coimbatore district gets 7,370 EVMs
Covai Post Network
June 21, 2018
Coimbatore : The Election Commission has sent 7,370 EVMs for use in Coimbatore district.
After inspection of the voting machines, District Collector T N Hariharan said the container with the EVMs and along with 4,000 control units was opened in the presence of representatives of recognised political parties today.
The machines were sent from BEL, Bengaluru, and had been kept in safe custody in the strong room of Deputy Director of Health in the city and there would be 24×7 security, he added.