24 May 2018, Edition - 1045, Thursday
- 6 women officers of the Indian Navy, who successfully circumnavigated the globe on INSV Tarini met PM Modi
- Case has been filed against Kamal Haasan and Vaiko for violating Section 144
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
Decomposed body found near Samanna pumping station
Covai Post Network
December 26, 2017
Locals found a body in a decomposed state in the Bhavani river in the district on Tuesday.
According to sources, the body of an unidentified 35-year-old man was found near Samanna water pumping station in Mettupalayam. Fishermen in the area altered the police who recovered the body and sent it to Mettupalayam Government Hospital.
The check dam near Samanna pumping station receives water from the Pillur dam which is supplied to residents of Mettupalayam and Tirupur. Locals have demanded emptying the check dam as the water would have been contaminated because of the body decomposition.