19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Decomposed body found near Samanna pumping station
Covai Post Network
December 26, 2017
Locals found a body in a decomposed state in the Bhavani river in the district on Tuesday.
According to sources, the body of an unidentified 35-year-old man was found near Samanna water pumping station in Mettupalayam. Fishermen in the area altered the police who recovered the body and sent it to Mettupalayam Government Hospital.
The check dam near Samanna pumping station receives water from the Pillur dam which is supplied to residents of Mettupalayam and Tirupur. Locals have demanded emptying the check dam as the water would have been contaminated because of the body decomposition.