- Download mobile app
- Shia Waqf board files an application in the Supreme Court seeking settlement of the Ram Janmbhoomi issue.
- Three people dead in fire and collapse of building near a plastic manufacturing factory in Industrial Area- A near Sufia Chowk in Ludhiana
- Supreme Court refuses to interfere in the matter of film @FilmPadmavati’s release.
- #INDvSL First Test between India and Sri Lanka ends in a draw at Eden Gardens in Kolkata
- J&K: One terrorist, identified as Adil Chopaan, killed by security forces in Tral’s Gulshanpora
Detained under Goondas Act
Covai Post Network
March 20, 2017
Thanjavur: District Collector A. Annadurai ordered the detention of Saravanan, 33, son of Gurunathan and resident of North Street, Veerancheri village, Papanasam taluk under the Goondas Act.
Based on the recommendations made by Superintendent of Police J. Mahesh and relevant documents produced by Inspector Ramesh of Kabisthalam police station, the Collector on Sunday ordered Saravanan’s detention under Section 3 (i) of the Goondas Act.
Subsequently, Saravanan was lodged at the Central Prison in Tiruchi.