23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Elderly man dies after falling off bus footboard at Chinavedampatti
Covai Post Network
December 13, 2017
An elderly man travelling on the footboard of a mini-bus died after falling off the bus into a pothole at Chinavedampatti.
According to police, Palanisami (70), who lives in Ganapathi Maa Nagar, boarded the Edayarpalayam-bound bus at SRP Mills. Since it was crowded, he was on the footboard. The bus was driven in a rash manner had a sudden jolt at a pothole and Palanisami fell off the vehicle into the pothole and died instantaneously. A case has been registered by traffic investigation wing.