25 May 2018, Edition - 1046, Friday
- This will be the prime minister’s first official visit to Indonesia and his second official visit to Singapore
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
Elderly man dies after falling off bus footboard at Chinavedampatti
Covai Post Network
December 13, 2017
An elderly man travelling on the footboard of a mini-bus died after falling off the bus into a pothole at Chinavedampatti.
According to police, Palanisami (70), who lives in Ganapathi Maa Nagar, boarded the Edayarpalayam-bound bus at SRP Mills. Since it was crowded, he was on the footboard. The bus was driven in a rash manner had a sudden jolt at a pothole and Palanisami fell off the vehicle into the pothole and died instantaneously. A case has been registered by traffic investigation wing.