23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Exporters celebrate Tirupur’s inclusion as smart city
Covai Post Network
August 27, 2015
The association of exporters from Tirupur has thanked the centre and the state governments for including the city in the Smart City Programme.
A. Saktivel, the president of Tirupur Exporters Association (TEA), has thanked the union minister Venkaiah Naidu and the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for adding Tirupur to the Smart City programme.
As part of the programme, Tirupur will get Rs.500 crore in the next five years to develop its infrastructure. The Tamil Nadu government, in addition to this, has earmarked Rs.400 crore for 12 Municipal Corporation, including Tirupur, under the program.