17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Exporters celebrate Tirupur’s inclusion as smart city
Covai Post Network
August 27, 2015
The association of exporters from Tirupur has thanked the centre and the state governments for including the city in the Smart City Programme.
A. Saktivel, the president of Tirupur Exporters Association (TEA), has thanked the union minister Venkaiah Naidu and the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for adding Tirupur to the Smart City programme.
As part of the programme, Tirupur will get Rs.500 crore in the next five years to develop its infrastructure. The Tamil Nadu government, in addition to this, has earmarked Rs.400 crore for 12 Municipal Corporation, including Tirupur, under the program.