19 Jul 2018, Edition - 1101, Thursday
- Encounter rages on in Handwara, J&K; Gunfight breaks out in the Batpora area. Terrorists believed to be holed up
- AAP issues whip, asks its MPs to vote in favour of no confidence motion in the Parliament
- Students of Banaras Hindu University hold unique protest after Congress raised the question of accountability
- RBI to issue new 100 rupee note in lavender colour
- DMK Working President MK Stalin urges opposition parties to unite on the ‘no-trust’ vote
- Shiv Sena to abstain from the trust vote in the ‘no-confidence’ motion
- YSR Congress protests at Parliament premises, demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh
- Rahul Gandhi politicises mob lynchings, warns of ‘sinister design’ before 2019 General Elections
- 7 naxals, including 3 women, killed in an encounter with security forces in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh
- PM Modi interacts with the beneficiaries of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana & Saubhagya Yojana
Fire at SBI Sulur branch
Covai Post Network
July 14, 2018
Image credit : Illustrative image
Coimbatore: Important documents were destroyed when a fire broke out in the branch of State Bank of India operating in a private building near Sulur in Trichy Road on Friday.
The branch operates in the first floor of a private building owned by Sasikumar who in an apartment there. He was shocked when he saw smoke from the building in the early hours of Friday and immediately informed the fire and rescue department.
With the help of Sulur police, fire and rescue officials broke open the bank door and checked the spread of fire.
According to fire and rescue official Ganeshan, “There was no damage to money and gold stored in the locker but computers, ACs and some important documents were destroyed.”
Sulur police registered a case and began investigation.