19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Man arrested for attacking wife
Covai Post Network
November 14, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
A husband was arrested after hitting his wife with an iron rod after a quarrel.
According to police, Rajasekar S, 33, of Aliyar in Pollachi married Ramya R, 24, eight years ago. A construction worker, Rajasekar was a boozer and there used to be frequent quarrels at home. Ramya, who has a small job in Bazaar Street, had along with her children moved to her mother’s place.
Police said that Rajasekar continued to harass her over the phone and picked up a quarrel when he met her yesterday at Bazaar Street. He abused her and hit her with an iron rod which left Ramya with an injury on her right knee. Police arrested Rajasekar who has been remanded in custody.