16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
Man attempts suicide outside all-woman police station at Palladam
Covai Post Network
April 17, 2018
Coimbatore : Tension prevailed at the all- woman police station in Palladam in nearby Tirupur district, when a man attempted to commit suicide by immolating on its premises, today.
Ashok Kumar, 40, was summoned to the station, following a complaint lodged by his wife Bhuvaneshwarim, police said. As he reached the station, he poured kerosene over his body and set himself afire, they said.
ALSO READ : Authorities permit youth to have darshan in Sree Krishna temple in his own wheel chair
Some members of the public and police personnel managed to put out the fire and took him to the government hospital, where his condition was said to be serious, they said.