22 Apr 2018, Edition - 1013, Sunday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
Man attempts suicide outside all-woman police station at Palladam
Covai Post Network
April 17, 2018
Coimbatore : Tension prevailed at the all- woman police station in Palladam in nearby Tirupur district, when a man attempted to commit suicide by immolating on its premises, today.
Ashok Kumar, 40, was summoned to the station, following a complaint lodged by his wife Bhuvaneshwarim, police said. As he reached the station, he poured kerosene over his body and set himself afire, they said.
ALSO READ : Authorities permit youth to have darshan in Sree Krishna temple in his own wheel chair
Some members of the public and police personnel managed to put out the fire and took him to the government hospital, where his condition was said to be serious, they said.