25 Sep 2018, Edition - 1169, Tuesday
- Another big SC verdict tomorrow: Top court to decide if court proceedings should be live streamed
- SC’s Aadhaar judgement tomorrow
- PM Modi unable to answer our questions, says Congress President Rahul Gandhi
- NC accepts Junaid Mattu’s resignation
- National Conference spokesperson Junaid Azim Mattu resigns from party to contest civic polls from Srinagar
- ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’ is not only an electoral phrase. It is our way, says PM Modi
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: FIR filed against Missionaries of Jesus for revealing the identity of the victim
- BJP President Amit Shah addresses mega-rally in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Court directs issue of notice in 19 year old murder case against UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- The country won’t be distracted by Rahul Gandhi’s shameless lie: Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Law Minister
Man attempts suicide outside all-woman police station at Palladam
Covai Post Network
April 17, 2018
Coimbatore : Tension prevailed at the all- woman police station in Palladam in nearby Tirupur district, when a man attempted to commit suicide by immolating on its premises, today.
Ashok Kumar, 40, was summoned to the station, following a complaint lodged by his wife Bhuvaneshwarim, police said. As he reached the station, he poured kerosene over his body and set himself afire, they said.
ALSO READ : Authorities permit youth to have darshan in Sree Krishna temple in his own wheel chair
Some members of the public and police personnel managed to put out the fire and took him to the government hospital, where his condition was said to be serious, they said.