22 May 2018, Edition - 1043, Tuesday
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
Man kills son with hoe near Udumalpet
Covai Post Network
November 1, 2017
A middle aged man was arrested on Wednesday for killing his son with a hoe near Udumalpet in Tirupur. According to police, the victim, Sasikumar used to demand money from his mother everyday to buy liquor.
On Tuesday night, a quarrel broke out between Sasikumar and his father Chellamuthu in their house as the former demanded money from his money. In a fit of rage, Chellamuthu took out a hoe and thrashed Sasikumar, who died on the spot.
On information, Amaravathi police rushed to the spot and arrested Chellamuthu in the wee hours of Wednesday and sent Sasikumar’s body for postmortem.