19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- J&K minister opposes anti-encroachment drive; J&K minister pelts stones during demolition drive
- All opportunities being diverted to Gujarat. Nothing is given for Maharashtra by the central govt, says MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches a direct hotline to the state CM’s office
- MNS workers vandalise shops, assault cabs in Vasai area, near Mumbai.
- After nothing was allocated in the Finance bill, I decided that TDP is not going to be in alliance with the NDA govt: AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the second time in two hours. Will be adjourned till Tuesday.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee’s name plate vandalised in Presidency University, Kolkata
- Supreme Court asks Centre to visit Rohingya refugee camps after lawyer filed PIL alleging human rights violations at the camps.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh says there is nothing to fear if non-confidence motion is moved against the government.
- Morally, BJP govt has failed in fulfilling the promises made to the state of AP, says Congress party’s Renuka Chowdhury
Man kills son with hoe near Udumalpet
Covai Post Network
November 1, 2017
A middle aged man was arrested on Wednesday for killing his son with a hoe near Udumalpet in Tirupur. According to police, the victim, Sasikumar used to demand money from his mother everyday to buy liquor.
On Tuesday night, a quarrel broke out between Sasikumar and his father Chellamuthu in their house as the former demanded money from his money. In a fit of rage, Chellamuthu took out a hoe and thrashed Sasikumar, who died on the spot.
On information, Amaravathi police rushed to the spot and arrested Chellamuthu in the wee hours of Wednesday and sent Sasikumar’s body for postmortem.