21 May 2018, Edition - 1042, Monday
- BS Yeddyurappa Resigns As Karnataka Chief Minister Just Before Floor Test
- 1 BJP MLA Somashekara Reddy is out to ‘bribe’ MLAs
- Number game changes again, after 2 Cong, 2 JDS(S) MLAs rebel, 2 independents back BJP, BJP at 105, 4 short of win
- Legal faceoff after poll war, Cong-JDS object to pro tem speaker, top court puts Cong-JDS in spot, SC: Might have to postpone floor test
- SC accepts Governor’s Counsel’s argument, top court puts Cong-JDS in tight spot, Cong-JDS’s petition dismissed
- BJP MLA to remain pro tem speaker, SC: Videography of floor test adequate, floor test to telecast live
MGR birth centenary celebrations: AAP wants all hoardings removed
Covai Post Network
November 27, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
The Aam Aadmi Party has urged the City Police Commissioner, K. Periaiah, to initiate steps to get all the hoardings put up in the city by the ruling AIADMK in connection with MGR birth centenary celebrations.
In a petition, party members alleged that the AIADMK, has encroached all roads and put up hoardings, promotional banners and decoration arches. The arches in important junctions are resulting in accidents, they said and urged the Commissioner to take steps to get the illegal structures removed and take action against the defaulters.