18 Mar 2018, Edition - 978, Sunday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Piracy unit unearthed in Tirupur, one arrested
Covai Post Network
November 11, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
A piracy unit was unearthed in Tirupur on Saturday and one person was arrested in this connection.
Following a tip off, sleuths from Anti Piracy Cell raided the house of one Durai, during which time they came to know that he was involved in writing CDs of old and new Tamil and porno films.
Besides a computer, two CD writers, 750 Tamil film CDs and 20 porno CDs were recovered from the premises, police said.
Durai was produced before a court there, which remanded him to custody. He was lodged later in the Central jail here.