17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- PM Modi and BJP Chief Amit Shah walk alongside the hearse carrying the mortal remains of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains being taken from BJP headquarters to the Smriti Sthal
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s funeral will take place at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal at 4 pm
- PM Modi will visit Kerala to review the flood situation in the state today
- Kerala floods have taken 97 lives so far, 26 deaths reported on Thursday alone
- A delegation from Islamabad will attend the funeral of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Atal was more than a colleague, he was my closest friend for 65 years: LK Advani
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan chairs meet with navy and air force over flood situation
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
Protest against S. Rly: Peelamedu residents hoist black flags
Covai Post Network
December 28, 2017
Protesting against Southern Railway for the inordinate delay in constructing sub-way attached to new railway bridge at Peelamedu, residents hoisted black flags atop nearly 500 houses in the area.
The bridge, the construction of which took nearly six years was opened 25 days ago. Residents said though the Railways had promised to construct a sub-way to cross the railway track, “there is no indication of it”.
The residents as part of protest hoisted black flags atop their houses. They threatened to stage a rail roko if the authorities failed to initiate steps to start the construction work for sub-way.