18 Mar 2018, Edition - 978, Sunday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Protest against S. Rly: Peelamedu residents hoist black flags
Covai Post Network
December 28, 2017
Protesting against Southern Railway for the inordinate delay in constructing sub-way attached to new railway bridge at Peelamedu, residents hoisted black flags atop nearly 500 houses in the area.
The bridge, the construction of which took nearly six years was opened 25 days ago. Residents said though the Railways had promised to construct a sub-way to cross the railway track, “there is no indication of it”.
The residents as part of protest hoisted black flags atop their houses. They threatened to stage a rail roko if the authorities failed to initiate steps to start the construction work for sub-way.