21 May 2018, Edition - 1042, Monday
- BS Yeddyurappa Resigns As Karnataka Chief Minister Just Before Floor Test
- 1 BJP MLA Somashekara Reddy is out to ‘bribe’ MLAs
- Number game changes again, after 2 Cong, 2 JDS(S) MLAs rebel, 2 independents back BJP, BJP at 105, 4 short of win
- Legal faceoff after poll war, Cong-JDS object to pro tem speaker, top court puts Cong-JDS in spot, SC: Might have to postpone floor test
- SC accepts Governor’s Counsel’s argument, top court puts Cong-JDS in tight spot, Cong-JDS’s petition dismissed
- BJP MLA to remain pro tem speaker, SC: Videography of floor test adequate, floor test to telecast live
Protest against S. Rly: Peelamedu residents hoist black flags
Covai Post Network
December 28, 2017
Protesting against Southern Railway for the inordinate delay in constructing sub-way attached to new railway bridge at Peelamedu, residents hoisted black flags atop nearly 500 houses in the area.
The bridge, the construction of which took nearly six years was opened 25 days ago. Residents said though the Railways had promised to construct a sub-way to cross the railway track, “there is no indication of it”.
The residents as part of protest hoisted black flags atop their houses. They threatened to stage a rail roko if the authorities failed to initiate steps to start the construction work for sub-way.